For Al Fresco, Life Through Opera-Colored Glasses (May 6-22, 2011), seeking:
- Trained Adult vocalists for cover roles. Prepare two selections from opera or operetta. One must be English. Cover roles are guaranteed one performance.
- Comic actors to cover the lead role of Al Fresco. Prepare one, 1-minute comic monologue, and be prepared to read from the script. Cover role is guaranteed one performance.
- Trained Adult vocalists for principal roles. Prepare two selections from opera or operetta. One must be in English.
- Boys and Girls, age 9-13, to play the principal 10-year-old boy, Amahl. Prepare one selection from Amahl, or two opera, operetta, or classical selections in English.
- Adult and Children for chorus roles. Prepare the appropriate vocal line from the Amahl "Shepherd's Chorus", or perform one similar classical selection, in English. All ages are encouraged to audition.
An accompanist will be provided. All individuals should bring their own sheet music. All performances are in English. No housing is provided; local talent only.
Email audition requests to our email address--petite opera @ gmail.com--(please type without spaces). Include the following information:
(2) Phone number
(3) Email Address
(4) Voice Part
(5) Headshot, if available (jpg or pdf format)
(6) Resume, if available (jpg or pdf format)
(7) Links to any available online performance audio or video clips, if available
(8) Preferred audition date (SAT Jan 22 or SUN Jan 23, 2011), and preferred time of day (morning, afternoon, evening)
Petite Opera will do its best to accommodate date and time requests. Role descriptions, schedule audition date, time and location information will be sent via email.